Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Little Analysis

Hey guys!

So I wanted to take some time to reflect on this blog. I love writing in it, but i need to be honest, in order to be the best, we must look at the best. I want my blog to be one of the top sources for music that you can find, but in order to do that I need to break down what makes other blogs, such as the very successful blog http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/

I have mentioned this blog previously in a post, but now I wanted to break down what makes their blog so successful and what I can do to make this one even better. I will break this analysis down into sections, Content, Engagement, and Design. 

Content: 

From a content perspective, they are mainly covering new blues and jazz music daily. With daily posts, they are keeping the news on blues and jazz up to date all the time. This is an extremely advanced blog, with long posts that would almost be considered a pillar article. 

Engagement:

The best content that site has to offer is the fact that they can actually get first hand interviews with artists. This allows for them to engage their readers very well into their blog posts and gives them an actual first hand look at how the artist does their music. Readers in the comments continue to say that they need to keep bringing in more and more people to interview because it is interesting and fun, but also that some of the blog posts are almost too long. 

Design: 
The initial design of the blog is a very slick and easy to follow when looking for posts. The user would not have a hard time at all finding what they are looking for. The main things they do right is having a search bar to locate all of the different articles. They also have a database of artists of which you can follow and search through. They also allow users to follow their blog via email, or via text to get scoop on what is happening.


These three main areas are what I am hoping that this blog has, and will accomplish in the future, and I am hopeful that by laying this out in here that I can at least see what the future holds for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment