Monday, June 24, 2013

Best Places to Find New Music Pt. 2

Through this blog I will mention a bunch of different albums, artists, and even songs that I find to be very fresh and new.

Previous Blog: 
http://offstreammusic.blogspot.com/2013/06/best-places-to-find-new-music.html

My previous post talked about the different websites that I use to try and gain more and more music to my overall database of music that I have. But the biggest spots that I tend to find music is in blogs. Just like this one, blogs tend to have some of the best new listens that you can find on the internet. If you can find a blog that is written by someone or a group of people that share the same interests as you in music then you can be in heaven.

More recently I have gotten into Jazz a bit more. While Jazz can be heard by the masses on the radio, Jazz is still a less popular type of music to find. One of the best blogs that I have ever used is the NPR blog on Jazz music.

NPR: A Blog Supreme
Link: http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/

This blog keeps you up to date on all of the different trends, news, and new music that come from the Jazz genre of music. It is an extremely interesting blog, simply because it really lets you get into the heads of some of the artists about what motivates them, and what influences them to make the music they do. I highly recommend this site for those that are wanting to get into Jazz genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment